Equine assisted Psychotherapy
When Talk Therapy Isn't Enough
Natural Lifemanship is a type of Equine Assisted PsychotherapyTM and an experiential treatment model in which children and adults engage in changing their behaviors in the moment, as they are happening.
Equine assisted psychotherapy can help children and adults make changes in their lives when talk therapy isn't enough.
In sessions children and adults:
- take action
- learn and practice new skills
- challenge beliefs
- try-on new behaviors and new ways of thinking
- learn to apply principles of healthy relationships.
Through doing individuals develop new skills, new ways of thinking and new ways of being.
This journey begins with individuals learning how to develop a healthy, connected relationship with themselves and with a horse they choose. The same skills and principles that individuals learn in their relationship with their equine partner apply to all human relationships.
The principles taught in Natural Lifemanship are beneficial to all individuals who want to have better relationships with themselves, and others.
Call for a free consultation 512-337-3347
Benefits of Equine Assisted Psychotherapy
- Increase self-confidence
- Understand internal experiences
- Increase ability to connect with yourself and others
- Identify and change relationship patterns
- Improve ability to relate to others
- Increase capacity to effectively regulate emotions and calm the body
- Practice setting effective boundaries /limits with others
- Learn and practice principles that help develop healthy relationships
- Actively build skills to develop trusting relationships
- Be able to ask for and allow support from others
- Increase mental flexibility
Is Equine Assisted Psychotherapy Right for Me, my child or family?
- Difficulty getting along with others?
- Feeling that others take advantage of you?
- Difficulty setting limits?
- Difficulty regulating emotions?
- Feeling on edge?
- Feeling fearful or anxious?
- Feeling irritable or angry?
- Feeling worried about making mistakes? Struggling with perfection?
- Difficulty making decisions?
- Performing poorly at work or in school?
- Difficulty trusting others?
- Feeling bad or worthless?
- Difficulty maintaining friendships/relationships?