Equine assisted Psychotherapy
When Talk Therapy Isn't Enough
Natural Lifemanship is a type of Equine Assisted PsychotherapyTM and an experiential treatment model in which children and adults engage in changing their behaviors in the moment, as they are happening.
Equine assisted psychotherapy can help children and adults make changes in their lives when talk therapy isn't enough. In sessions children and adults take action, learn and practice new skills, challenge beliefs, try-on new behaviors and new ways of thinking, and learn to apply principles of healthy relationships. Through doing individuals develop new skills, new ways of thinking and new ways of being.
This journey begins with individuals learning how to develop a healthy, connected relationship with themselves and with a horse they choose. The same skills and principles that individuals learn in their relationship with their equine partner apply to all human relationships.
The principles taught in Natural Lifemanship are beneficial to all individuals who want to have better relationships with themselves, and others.
Call for a free consultation 512-337-3347
Benefits of Equine Assisted Psychotherapy
- Increase self-confidence
- Understand internal experiences
- Increase ability to connect with yourself and others
- Identify and change relationship patterns
- Improve ability to relate to others
- Increase capacity to effectively regulate emotions and calm the body
- Practice setting effective boundaries /limits with others
- Learn and practice principles that help develop healthy relationships
- Actively build skills to develop trusting relationships
- Be able to ask for and allow support from others
- Increase mental flexibility
Is Equine Assisted Psychotherapy Right for Me, my child or family?
- Difficulty getting along with others?
- Feeling that others take advantage of you?
- Difficulty setting limits?
- Difficulty regulating emotions?
- Feeling on edge?
- Feeling fearful or anxious?
- Feeling irritable or angry?
- Feeling worried about making mistakes? Struggling with perfection?
- Difficulty making decisions?
- Performing poorly at work or in school?
- Difficulty trusting others?
- Feeling bad or worthless?
- Difficulty maintaining friendships/relationships?
Bring the person the appointment is for and family members or adult friends who can help explain the problems you or someone you care about are experiencing
Bring all past mental health and psychiatric evaluations, school or other evaluations, and any other information pertinent to the problem that is occurring
Bring names and contact information of all agencies and people who have provided treatment to in the past
Bring names and doses of all medications that are prescribed.
Comprehensive mental health assessment
Individual and family therapy
Cost of Services
Comprehensive Mental Health Assessment $275
45-50 minute Individual Therapy $150
90 minute Individual Therapy- $200
45-50 minute Family Therapy $225
90 minute Family Therapy $300
Forms of Payment Accepted
*sliding scale available
What to expect
Please print out and complete all of the paperwork required for the first appointment. If you are unable to do this please let me know so I can have the forms printed out and waiting for you to complete prior to our appointment. It will take you between 30 and 45 minutes to complete the forms.
Two hours are scheduled for a comprehensive assessment so we can get to know each other and to help you or your child feel comfortable with the process and not feel rushed. Please come prepared to stay for that amount of time.
You will be asked to give consent for the evaluation of yourself or your child.
You will be asked to complete paperwork about events that may have happened in your life or your child's life, and the problem(s) that is occurring.
You will be asked to give consent for treatment if treatment is recommended and you find that my services fit your needs.
You can review your rights and responsibilities here.
You can see HIPPA information here.